My unexpected life

My photo
Blaine, MN, United States
City girl at heart who returned to the Twin Cities after a four year stint in the Stinky Onion known to the rest of the world as Chicago. Consistent nomad, frequently moving, changing, evolving. Striving to settle down and plant some roots. Recently became a single mother to Caleb Justus and am figuring out the adventure that is motherhood. Getting used to living in the burbs again close to family and friends.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

random connections 11.24.08

didn't date much until the last ten years or so for various reasons. I was shy, busy, just not interested in dating really. Then I started dating and was in a serious relationship for about five years. Of course, during that five years, the relationship wasn't always serious so I did some other dating then too. Oh and the relationship wasn't exactly healthy, honest or great either, so I dated some when the relationship was supposedly serious too-because well, he did too. Of course that doesn't make it okay but its the reality. Well, I've been "officially" single again for about a year now-give or take a month or two. Before this whole dating period in my life started, I was really content being single. I loved living alone, I kept busy with friends and family, I did a lot on my own. I didn't feel strange or discontent being alone. I was spiritually solid, emotionally solid, and content.

Then the floodgates of hell opened up. I started dating and being intimate with people. I liked the attention, I liked the feeling and in all of that, I lost myself. But I digress, I will write more about that whole experience at another time, this writing is about the randomness of life lately....

So, after not having anyone really pursue me or show a strong interest in me romantically for the first 27 or so years of my life, I blossomed I guess. And dated. A lot. During the last 12 months, I went out with a few different guys. Nothing much happened with any of them, relationships just didn't blossom into anything serious. I hadn't talked to any of them in months or at least weeks. Well, within the last week, five of the men I dated in the last year who I do not talk to any longer, contacted me.
Out of the blue.

Random.

Why do they do that? Why do men let a woman go then once she actually moves on, boom they contact her and expect her to drop everything and jump with joy that they have returned? Its bizarre. One, who lives in Chicago, and I went on ONE actual date with, honestly asked me to be in a long distance committed relationship with him....seriously? Are you crazy?

Another contacted me, after I had not talked to him for three weeks and told him I didn't want to see him anymore and said all the right things, he said he wanted a relationship, to start over as-in his words-"a new couple." One would assume that a couple means exclusive right? Well two days after this declaration of commitment I asked for clarification by simply saying, so we are exclusive right?

No was his answer. Well how the hell can you start out as a new couple and not be exclusive?

What is wrong with men today? Seriously. I'm tired of all of it. I think its time to join a nunnary.

No comments:

Post a Comment