My unexpected life

My photo
Blaine, MN, United States
City girl at heart who returned to the Twin Cities after a four year stint in the Stinky Onion known to the rest of the world as Chicago. Consistent nomad, frequently moving, changing, evolving. Striving to settle down and plant some roots. Recently became a single mother to Caleb Justus and am figuring out the adventure that is motherhood. Getting used to living in the burbs again close to family and friends.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jem the wondercat strikes again....part 2 7.11.07

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Current mood: amused
Category: Pets and Animals
Brilliant tabby cat strikes again. Andy was grilling dinner on the back porch. My new apartment has a lovely back yard with a deck. The yard is totally fenced in so sometimes I let Jem outside with me. Well, when Andy came in with our food the door didn't close tightlly so Jem goes out to play. About an hour later I realized he was missing. It was about 11pm. I start freaking out and go to call his name. While he may get himself into binds every now and again, he does know his name and does come when I call him. Except this time. I called for 20 minutes. No Jem. But I do hear a pitiful little meow. I look all over and can't tell where its coming from until I look over the fence. My yard has a tall privacy fence all around it-except on the deck. The deck has spindles and overlooks the neigbhors yard-but its a good five foot drop from my deck to the neighbor's yard. So where is Jem? In the neighbor's yard. Their gate is locked and he can't jump out because the jump is too steep and the railing slats are too tight. Brilliant, eh? I have to lure him into the front yard then through a chain link gate so that I can get his furry behind back in the house before the ghetto boxers next door come out to EAT HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment