My unexpected life

My photo
Blaine, MN, United States
City girl at heart who returned to the Twin Cities after a four year stint in the Stinky Onion known to the rest of the world as Chicago. Consistent nomad, frequently moving, changing, evolving. Striving to settle down and plant some roots. Recently became a single mother to Caleb Justus and am figuring out the adventure that is motherhood. Getting used to living in the burbs again close to family and friends.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

the cavities known as sinusus

I have sinus issues.  I sneeze.  I blow my nose like a foghorn.  My nephew-or perhaps it was a niece-anyone one of the many children in my life used to cry when i blew my nose because it was so loud.  I was diagnosed with Asthma when I was two.  Severe allergies followed.  Dust.  Cats.  Any living plant or tree or bush or weed outside.  Dogs.  Fish.  Chicken.  Beets.  Yeah you might say, who cares about stinky old beets?  Well let me tell you, a five year old little girl who had to sit outside in the hallway by herself crying because her kindergarden class was making gingerbread cookies with beet sugar and she couldn't be anywhere near it would have eaten beats every friggen day of her life if it meant she could be with her class and not be the odd kid out-again.  Due to my allergies and asthma, I spent a lot of time alone as a kid.  The outside world was impossible for me.  Pollen. Trees.  Leaves.  Flowers.  Grass....oh the grass.  Once, I mowed the lawn simply to spite my mother and sisters who were peeved at me because I couldn't do yardwork-they thought I was faking to get out of work.  Well, did I show them!  I mowed the entire lawn.  Wheezing. Hacking.  Snot running down my face.  Eyes swollen shut.  Hands has big as pineapples.  Red.  I walked in the house and my mother ran me into the bathroom, put me in the tub, drowned me in sudafed and I never mowed the lawn again.  Well, on Friday April 3rd I finally had sinus surgery and damn, its not pleasant!
Over the last ten years or so, I have had pretty much a constant sinus infection.  Tons of missed work, tons of pain, tons of medications, all resulting in nothing.  Until last fall when I finally jumped through all the hoops.  I saw the ear nose and throat guy, got the CT scan and was told..."yep, you got issues in your nose."  Well....there ya go!  So, the doctor put me under and cut all sorts of crapola out of my schnoz and here I am a week later still recuperating!  Today I got to go in and they dug around to get more crusties and random crap outta there.  I feel like I still have sinus infection, but, according to the doctor I should be much much better by next week.  So here's to sinus surgery!  

1 comment:

  1. I hope your recovery is going well! & that the surgery helps you!

    ReplyDelete